Sunday, November 10, 2013

Emotional KaBOOM

I generally like to write to share my humorous misfortunes.  I like to make people laugh or at least smile but lately I just haven't been feeling it.  I have been in a serious funk.  Not a true depression but just an overly angry, super annoyed with the world, possibly regressing to my angsty teenage days; blah.   This is a strange place for me because I can almost always find the good in every person or situation but I just haven't had it in me.  Maybe it is because I have reached the point where there is nothing left to do but explode.  I have bottled my emotions for far too long and KaBOOM emotions are spilling out everywhere. 
I need to stop doing this.  I know I shouldn't hold back my emotions.  I am being such a hypocrite.  I tell my students if they have things that bother them they need to tell someone or in the very least write it down.  They need to get rid of it. 
So why am I holding it all in? Because.  I don't really want to burden people with my problems.  I don't want to make someone have to be my emotional dump.  Making someone have to hold onto my smelly emotional garbage, is not my thing.  I know everyone has things they are dealing with, most are much worse than mine and I don't want to add to any one's heap'o problems.
I am a very private person.  Strange for someone who enjoys writing and putting her word out there for anyone to see but when I am writing I get to decide what I write, what words to put down, what I will let people see.  If I was to open up about the things that could be bothering me I could let someone see things I really don't want to share.  I might not have control of the words that come out or of the reaction I would get from them. 
After a rare quiet moment of reflection I realized my suppressed baggage was starting to have an impact on my family.  I have been very irritable, irrational, and somewhat irresponsible. No worries, nothing that put anyone in danger. I completely let A1 down when I told her uncle the wrong time to show up for her Veteran's Day program at school.  I know that I am not thinking with a clear head because I am letting hurt feelings and worries interfere with living.
It is so weird that I am ok with not being perfect and sharing that with the world but I have problems admitting that I am human.  Admitting that I have feelings and things that are weighing on my mind is so hard for me.  Starting now, I am working to fix that.  I am going to make some changes.  I will be more open when things get to me.  I will continue to work on giving my worries away to God.  I was getting better with that one but recently I started slipping back into old habits of constantly worrying instead of leaving it up to the Lord.  Honestly, I don't have extra time to worry so it is comforting to know that I don't have to!

No comments:

Post a Comment