Monday, March 3, 2014

Momma-beast's Day Off

Even though I have the day off, I was still up at 6:30.  A1 had school today so I had to make sure she was up, dressed, fed and out the door for her bus at 7:05. Since A2 and A3 won't sleep in they also got up at 6:30.  At 7:00 I had Annelyse stand by the back door to watch for the bus so I would know exactly when to take her to the bus stop. At about that same time A3 decided she would practice her new talent of taking off her pants AND diaper. She then proceeded to streak through the house shrieking with delight as A2 and I chased her from room to room.  After I tackled her and then wrestled her, I saw that A1 was lost in her newest chapter book.  Knowing that she wasn't phased by A3's naked parade, I assumed that she wasn't really paying attention to whether or not her bus drove by.  I decided to load everyone into the car and just drive to the bus stop and sit in my freezing cold car.  I got to the end of the driveway and saw that it was 7:20.  I looked at the bus stop and saw that our neighbor's van wasn't there so I knew that A1 missed the bus. 

At that moment I lost control of my mommy cool.  I turned into a wild creature. I was Momma-beast.  I was growling in my momma-beast voice. I blamed A1 for not watching for her bus.  I complained that I was going to have to drive her to school.  Then I saw that my gas light was on. 

Good news the fumes shooting from my head heated the car real fast! I drove to the gas station.  Grumbling, not under my breath, the whole way.  I stood outside in the negative temperature still not cooling off. I was so mad.  I got back in the car to call Mac and let him know what happened this morning after he left for work.  I didn't have my phone.  One of my little friends took it out of my purse this morning.  Another reason to be mad.  We headed back home because I didn't want to be driving without it.

It was 7:30, as I pulled into my driveway I saw the bus at the bus stop... I instantly felt horrible.  I had been yelling at A1 for not paying attention to the bus as it went by; and it was late.  I yelled at her for something that was out of control.  I yelled at her for something that hadn't even happened.  She didn't miss the bus at all. 

A1 sees the bus.  An I-Told-You-So smile crept across her face.  I stopped her before she said something I would regret.  I apologized for being mean, for yelling, and for losing my cool.  She laughed and said, "Well at least drive me to school.  I think I deserve it now." I just laughed as we let the bus drive by.

When we got to the stop sign at the end of our street A2 said, "This has been the best morning ever." WHAT!?! Is she serious?

I ended up taking A2 and A3 to get donuts.  Momma-beast guilt pays off for them! We even got one for A2 so she can have one when she gets home.  Momma-beast has been put on a leash for the rest of the day... My horrible day off adventure has put me in my place for sure.  It was a not so pleasant reminder to relax and not lose my temper over something so meaningless. 

No comments:

Post a Comment