Sunday, February 22, 2015

Diet

Mom's on a diet again. Now the whole family must suffer...

Not this time. I'm not doing any ucky shakes, diet bars, or eating air. I love food. Food makes me happy. Fake chocolate tasting diet bars and shakes do not make me happy. Air is good for breathing, not so good for eating. 

I'm sticking with real food. Good food. I'm cooking. I'm even trying new things so I don't get bored. I think this will be the key to being successful. Don't get bored. 

I'm trying branch out from our normal go to meals. I'm trying to use more beans, eggs, and chicken and less pizza, pizza, and breadsticks. 


We are two recipes in and have had double success. Tonight we had an omelet bar. Mac and A2 were my chop masters. They chopped red, yellow, orange, and green peppers, onions, spinach, and mushrooms. A2 especially liked choppng the mushrooms because they weren't scary to chop. 

The girls each were permitted ingredient control for their own omelet. Knowing they would turn their noses up to almost all of the choppings, I told them they were only allowed to leave out two things. The rest had to be put in their eggy creations. I even let them decide how many pinches they put in. I'm happy to report A3 put everything in. A1and A2 put in three pinches of all the peppers, spinach, and cheese. 

To go with our omelet, we had Blood Oranges. Not such a winner with the A Team, but they all tried them. I really liked them though. I'm getting so brave!

After dinner everyone agreed this was an awesome dinner. A2 was really proud of how much she helped!  I have to say I'm very happy tonight. Food makes me happy. Proud A Team members make me happy. Happy kids make happy. I'm happy being happy. 




1 comment: