Saturday, August 1, 2015

August...

August 1 means summer panic time. Every year on this day I wake up early and try to go back to sleep thinking about all the things I need to finish in the next two weeks. So much to do.

Find the floor in the girls' room. Figure out what clothes they can still wear. Decide what I still need to buy. Find the time to go to the store.  Decided to just use Amazon instead. Plan stuff for school. Plan for my classroom. Plan for the library. Learn what I am doing in the library. Figure out what I am doing in the library. Get all my paperwork ready. Remember to feed the kids. Lose those 25 lbs I planned to lose at the beginning of summer. Write a novel. Read 20 books. Organize the entire house. Help A2 be a better reader. Help A1 learn to relax. Get rid of the pacifier. Have a garage sale. Watch a new tv series. Clean out the garage. Plant a garden. Learn to knit. Finish a scrapbook. Run three miles without stopping. Live a more simple life. Remember to eat things that aren't from a fast food place. Find time to relax. Get a cleaning routine set up. Get all of the laundry cleaned and put away. Find a calendar or organizer I like and will actually use.  Buy a new dresser for the girls. Buy new blinds. Get a new hair cut. Let the girls pick their own hair styles. Officially decide on a musical. Plan the musical. Take the girls to Knight's action park. Find the money to afford to take the girls to Knight's Action park. Sleep. Make doctor appointments. Reschedule my dentist appointment.

Making lists and writing out my thoughts has always helped calm me. This seemingly endless ramble of things I need to do in two weeks helped me prioritize my anxiety.

I guess some of these I should just give up on now. The time has passed... plant a garden, lose 25lbs, read 20 books, and sleep. Some of these are probably darn near impossible; teach A2 to relax. If it is something I can't do, I don't think it is something I could teach someone else to do. Some of these are so unrealistic, but they make my summer list every year; organize the entire house and clean and put away all the laundry. The items I have left can be put into two categories; things I actually have to do and things I might actually find time to do.

I am not letting today go to waste. I am using my hours of quiet before the A Team wakes up to get things done...
So far I have:
Tossed and turned in bed.
Ate breakfast.
Watched another episode of Outlander.
Browsed on Amazon.
Pinned a few classroom things on Pinterest.
Pinned a few library things on Pinterest.
Wrote the first 81 stupid words for my "novel" that I won't show anyone.
Made a plan for cleaning out the girls' rooms.

I think it might be time to take a break.

No comments:

Post a Comment