Thursday, May 5, 2016

Potential Political Problems

"MOOOOOOOM!" Screams of absolute fear and disgust rang through the house. Soon the screams were followed by pre-sobbing "Oh no, oh no, oh no!" Then the tears started. A2 was clearly upset by something awful; I assumed a spider, but couldn't figure out why she would turn to me in a bug emergency. She knows her dad is in charge of all bug issues.

Before my imagination could get any further, A2 was in my room panic-crying. "Mom, (sob) do (gasp) you (sob) know (snort) whatjusthappend?"

Well, no, I was upstairs enjoying the last few seconds of peace before my day got wild. "What happened?"

"We are all going to die!" in a rush before the gasp, gasp, gasp.

"What are you talking about, I don't understand?"

"I was just watching the news,"

MAC! Why in the world are you letting the girls watch the news before school!?!

"and we are all going to die. I just saw that Trump and that Hilary Clinton are the two running for president. Now we are all going to die."

"Well, first of all we aren't going to die because they are running for president. You don't need to worry about anything." Second, oh crap! She might be onto something. She is the psychic one after all! 

She wasn't buying it, "No mom, I heard that Hilary murdered children. I am a children!" The crying continued.

"A2, she didn't murder children. Technically, she didn't murder anyone."

She didn't want to hear anything I had to say. "Nope, I heard on the bus that she murdered people and she will murder us if she is president."

"No, the way I understand it is that people are mad because she made a mistake that caused people to die and she isn't telling the truth about it. You know you should always tell the truth no matter what you did or how much trouble you will get into. Honesty is the best policy."

"Fine. I get it! If I murder someone I will tell you the truth even if our president didn't."

UGH! I think she missed my message. Seriously though, this was all before 7AM, so what more do you want? I should have revisited this conversation, but I didn't. I wanted her to sleep to recharge, so she can stump me again tomorrow morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment