Sunday, April 7, 2013

Spring break is broke

My spring break is broke. My week of spring break freedom is coming to an end.  I am left with a long to-do-list of uncrossed-off projects and plans.  I am having that panicky Sunday night return to work feeling where I try to cram a week's worth of work into two hours.  I feel the crabbiness creeping into my body.  It is wanting to take over the fun relaxed mom that lived in my body for a week. 

Instead of scolding myself for avoiding work, I think I should focus on all the things that I did accomplish this week.  Maybe an attempt at staying positive will fight off the meanies ready to consume me. 

What I did on spring break 2013:

1. Played with A1, A2, and A3.
2. Baked 3 cakes for my sister.
3. Wore a dress.
4. Painted 30 toenails and 20 fingernails.
5. Made 9 days worth of breakfast including 4 batches of Cinnamon rolls.
6. Watched a new Barbie movie with the girls
7. Washed all the outside Little Tykes Toys with A2
8. Found the floors of all the bedrooms
9. Wrote a Young Authors story with Annelyse
10. Sang all the Seussical songs OVER, and OVER, and OVER again
11. Made meatloaf pucks
12. Took the girls to the doctor two different times.
13. Went to the pharmacy two different times.
14.  Had lunch at Red Lobster.
15. Watched a Foot Puppet Show performed by A2
16. Laughed, Laughed, Laughed
17. Folded some laundry
18. Picked out the plants for our garden
19. Ate 6 bags of Brach's Malted Eggs
20. Started running again

I may not have gotten all my Aimsweb caught up or all the rooms re-organized but I was super busy all week.  I was making memories with my girls who won't ever be 1, 4, and 7 on spring break again.

No comments:

Post a Comment