Saturday, January 9, 2016

Christmas Movie Addiction

It is no secret that I love Christmas movies. I can watch them all day and all night. I began watching them October 31st when the Hallmark Channel started running their Countdown to Christmas movie marathon. I love that I can turn on the TV, find a movie and no matter where it is in the story line I can figure out the entire story within minutes. I love the simple happiness of these movies. I love that I don't have to worry about quickly changing the channel if one of the girls happen to sneak out of bed at night. I love that the girls can watch the movies and I don't have to worry that the magic of Christmas will be spoiled. I love how they all end tied up in fancy little red bows.

Christmas movies are the best.

BUT we all know too much of a good thing really isn't all that good.

In the last few days there have been signs that I may have a serious addition to Christmas movies...

1. A3 didn't agree with my show choice a few days ago. She said, "This isn't your show! Your shows have Christmas trees."

2. We were watching the trailer for "Fuller House". After the trailer was over "Where are they now?" type of pictures popped up showing how the cast members currently look. When the girls saw Candace Cameron Bure, A3 excitedly pointed and screamed, "Look mom! It is your best friend!"

3. A2 bravely asked to changed the channel away from the Hallmark Channel. I told her it was fine and she was in shock. She couldn't believe I was letting her actually change the channel. "Wow! That was much easier than I thought. At least she wasn't watching one of her movies."

4. Mac asked me if I wanted to watch a movie. I had no idea what movie to even pick. I have been stuck in made for tv movie land for months. I don't even know what a real movie looks like.

5. I still have 2 Christmas movies saved on the DVR. I can't bring myself to watch them, because then they will be gone. I will have to wait until July when Hallmark brings them back out for their Christmas in July promotion. I want to savor those movies. Watch them at the perfect time, without distractions or interruptions. I need to take in every single minute.  

I am not sure if there is some type of a recovery group for Christmas movie addicts, but I need one. I know I am not alone, there is a certain sister of mine who also suffers from the same affliction. It probably would be a good topic to discuss at our next family therapy gathering. 

No comments:

Post a Comment