Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Names are Important!

A1 was so excited after school today.  She told me EVERYTHING she did EVERY minute of the day. After twenty minutes of non-stop talking, I returned from a temporary "mom" comma hearing her say, "I told my class my favorite thing I got was a midget." Without thinking I instructed her on the PC label of little person.  Then it registered...
 
She TOLD HER CLASS WE BOUGHT HER A MIDGET FOR CHRISTMAS!
 
Her teacher probably thinks we are crazy, well actually it is January so this just confirms any suspicions she may have had.
 
I questioned her, "What did you tell your class we got you?"
Totally impatient, duh plastered to her face she said, "A midget."
Very confused I asked her, "Why would you tell your class we got you a midget?"
Completely annoyed she sighed, "Because you did. You know that purple thing that talks to us and dances.  We opened it at Grandma's house."
The clouds parted with one of those slap your forehead moments.  I said, "Honey that is called a Fijit."
She shrugged her shoulders and said, "I know."
 
So if anyone asked her today what she got for Christmas, we DID NOT buy her a person!  We instead bought her a creepy alien robot doll that tells jokes OVER AND OVER!
 
Midget Fijit
 



2 comments:

  1. .... and why is this so much better than buying her a midget?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Buying people is illegal. Creepy purple talking robots were on sale.

    ReplyDelete