Friday, April 3, 2015

Who, When, Why and Where of Vacation

March is over. Birthdays for the A team are over. Musical is over. Time to plan our summer vacation.

I have a love/hate relationship with vacation planning.  Once I start planning a vacation it becomes an all consuming adventure. All I talk about and think about.  All I do; plan, research, plan, stress. With a limited amount of money and time, I want to make sure we get every ounce of fun squeezed out of a trip.

Right now I am having trouble making decisions. Luckily, I guess, we have almost every week of the summer booked. We only have one week we can actually take a trip, so the "when" of the trip has already been settled for us. We are also pretty settled on the "who" of the trip... although anyone brave or crazy enough could join, but I am only planning for the A team and their managers.  I even know the "why" of our trip. The best family arguments happen on long car rides when you are far far away from home and exhausted... I mean vacations with road trips offer the best family bonding moments.

Since I am confident as to the who, when, and why of the trip, I guess I am just looking for the "where."  We are leaning towards Disney, but with the hefty price tag we just aren't ready to pull the trigger and book the trip. It shouldn't be too difficult to pick a place there are only a few things I am wanting:


  1. Get away from home
  2. Not be in the car long
  3. Entertain the girls
  4. Get outside
  5. Avoid all things nature
  6. No cooking
  7. No eating out all the time
  8. Smell the ocean
  9. Avoid ocean creatures
  10. Relax
  11. Not get bored
  12. Spend time with the girls
  13. Spend time with Mac
  14. Spend time alone
  15. Learn something
  16. Have mindless fun
  17. Make memories
  18. Not spend a lot of money
  19. Buy useless fun things
  20. See new things
I don't think I am asking for too much.  I really think there has to be some magical place where all of these demands  requests can be met. I just hope I can find it soon, so I can move on with my planning. Last year I couldn't, so we didn't go anywhere until November. Then we had Strep-fest. Now I think a non-summer vacation is a curse, so we have to go somewhere this summer. 

No comments:

Post a Comment