Friday, October 30, 2015

Adios October

I had been looking forward to October since August 1st. October is when everything gets easier. October is when we fall into the routine; school, homework, dinner, sleep, breakfast, school, etc. October is stress free-ish. October is easy. 

Today I looked at the calendar; October 30th. Somehow I missed October. I can't believe we are at the end of my easy month. I think I got so caught up in surviving I forgot to live. I'm glad I woke and realized October was almost over. I would have been mad if I forgot to live this weekend, so much going on!

Halloween + daylight savings time + Hallmark's Christmas movie marathon + a new month = A happy Carrie! 

I am not going to let November pass without making waves. I am trying something new, something scary. I signed up for NaNoWriMo. National Novel Writing Month is a fun challenge to get authors writing. By the end of the month participants should have a 50, 000 word novel. This terrifies me for so many reasons. I hope to make the goal. I know it will be hard with the girls and teaching full time, but it will be a new experience. It will be a challenge.  It will let me be creative and I am excited about it! 

Tonight and tomorrow I will be working on my outline so I can be ready to start on November 1. I plan on setting my alarm early every morning so I can get writing in before school. I will spend extra time on the weekends writing. I have a plan. I just need to get started. I will make November count. 

No comments:

Post a Comment