Saturday, October 3, 2015

Reading Challenge Book 3


This book. Holy Wow! And to think, this is one that I was dreading reading.  I really didn't think I could handle reading a 160 page poem.  I was acting all judgey and assumed reading THAT much poetry would be torture. 

I was wrong. 

I instantly fell in love with the story and the characters. It was a quick read that I finished in just under two hours. The reading level for this book is 3.9 and would be a perfect way to introduce children and adults to poetry. I see it completely easing that feeling of dread people get when they hear they have to read poetry. Don't even pretend you don't know what I am talking about.  Poetry is intimidating stuff!   

I feel 100% comfortable recommending this book to any of the 5th graders at my school. I would also allow A1 to read this book without hesitation, although I think some of it probably wouldn't really interest her, since there aren't any mermaids or zombies. 

No comments:

Post a Comment