Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Car Ride Confessionals

Some of our best conversations happen in the car, which is good since I feel like I spend most of my evenings with the girls in the car.  If I ever need A1 to spill her guts, all it takes is a milkshake and a cruise around town.   As she gets older, I hope this car ride confessional continues to work!

Tonight's confession didn't even require a milkshake and came quite unexpectedly. Innocently, A1 piped up from the backseat, "Mom sometimes when I see W," a cute little tow head from her soccer team and school, "I get a funny feeling."

Initially, I was unable to respond to her since I had to suck my cheeks in and bite my lips to prevent laughs from sneaking out.  She repeated the same sentence.  I finally managed to ask, "Is it because you like him?"

I glanced in the rear view mirror in time to see her pondering my question. She responded honestly, "I think I just like him as a friend but I just don't understand this tingly feeling in my stomach."

Oh boy!  

No comments:

Post a Comment