Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Pick Your Pony

The girls and I were enjoying a little quiet time watching My Little Pony.  A1 and A2 are considering dressing up as My Little Ponies for Halloween so I was asking which one was their favorite.  We turned it into a game.  I would have to guess which pony is their favorite and tell them why.

I guessed A1 would choose Pinkie Pie because she is a super girly pony.  A1 was obviously offended by this remark.  Her favorite is Applejack because she has an accent and is nice.  After watching the full episode I think I would have to agree she is a lot like Applejack; traditional, kind, and a little stubborn...


I guessed A2 would choose Rainbow Dash who is tomboyish, bold, and loyal to her friends.  A2 agreed that Rainbow Dash was her favorite.  Nailed it!


Now it was the girls turn to guess my favorite pony.  A2 guessed Twilight Sparkle because she is purple. Hmmm... good guess, good rationale.  I'm impressed but that isn't it. A1 picked Fluttershy. WHAT!?! How did she do that? Her reason is the most impressive of all. (At least I think so)

She said she knew it would be Fluttershy because we are the most a like.  "You are both chicken on the outside but a BEAST on the inside.  You aren't someone to mess with because you will kick some booty just like Fluttershy."

It is always interesting to see yourself through your kids eyes.  This movie turned character analysis was particularly educational.  Not only did I learn that my A1 sees me as a little afraid but brave when I need to be but I also learned I know WAY to much about My Little Ponies and I need to get out more...
  

No comments:

Post a Comment