Saturday, June 14, 2014

Read Her Like a Book

A1 is very predictable. I can read her like a book. Her thoughts and feelings flow across her face like words in a well written book. Fibs and fibblets escape through wide eyes with lifted eyebrows.  Guilt emerges from a stiff face with wide statue eyes. Happiness pours from slightly squinted sparkly eyes. Sadness creeps out of downturned gloomy eyes. 

Tonight I returned home from a secret dinner run with A2, finding A1 stiff faced with wide statue eyes. I watched and waited. She began babbling. "I didn't know where you were. I couldn't find daddy. I thought you guys left me and A3 home alone. Don't worry I am taking care of A3. I have it all under control."  

The wide eyed stiff face statue look continued. I reminded her that her dad was upstairs and continued to watch her. She continued to babble, "I didn't think you would be back so soon. Please don't be mad at me. I thought you were gone. I thought daddy was gone. So I did something I shouldn't have..." Her eyes relaxed and her face softened. "I... I ate a strawberry."

Well, that is a relief. My rule follower ate a strawberry without permission. The guilt was written all over her face. I had to work hard to hold back the laughter. I can't let her know that it wasn't a big deal. I need her to feel some guilt because I know that soon enough my little easy to read book will become a book written in a foreign language, I just hope it comes with pictures! 



                     Happiness!

No comments:

Post a Comment