Sunday, October 27, 2013

When I Grow Up

Every once in a while I like to ask the girls what they want to be when they grow up.  It is fun to hear first hand their dreams and ambitions.  It is also a chance for me to make sure they will have enough money to support me when I am old... 

A1 was eager to respond.  She said, "Well, I have been thinking about this a lot and I have decided that I want to be a music teacher. Along with just about everything else.  In the summer I will be a children's entertainer.  Actually only for girls.  You know, I can dress up like a mermaid and then swim in their pool if they have one.  If they don't have a pool I can just sit on a rock and sing." Well, if doesn't look like she will be supporting me...

A2 cheerfully said, "I know what I will be.  I will be a character, like Rapunzel." Then she went back to watching TV.  I kept waiting for more but it never came.  I guess I still have hope in A3...

This time A1 turned the question on me.  She asked me what I wanted to be when I grow up.  I told her I was thinking about being a mommy and a teacher.  She said, "Those are good choices.  You already are those.  Whatever you do just don't be a hipster." Hmmm... I wasn't  really sure how to respond to that so I went with my standard, "HUH!?!"

She laughed and said, "Just don't do it. I don't think it is healthy." I would have to agree.  Wearing tight jeans probably isn't healthy, I will stick with my non-hipster pajama jeans. 

2 comments:

  1. My little A granddaughter (same age as A2) wants to be a mermaid doctor. That would be a doctor for mermaids. I don't think she will be supporting anyone, even herself.....Vivian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is amazing how much your A is like my A's. Can you imagine the fun/trouble they would have if we ever got them together?

      Delete