Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Mood Swings

Tonight I was saying goodnight to two almost normal girls. We were talking about good things that happened during the day. Poor A2 couldn't think of anything since she didn't get to see me. I can't decide if I should give her brownie points or deduct points for trying to guilt trip me...


Before I got up to leave, I mentioned that tomorrow would be A1's last day as a second grader. She went from a happy-go-lucky 8 year to a sobbing hystarical ball of mutated goo in a matter of seconds. She ugly cried for about 30 seconds while in unsympathetically shook with laughter. My laughter made her transition into a mini-she devil. She grunted and screeched and screamed. I swear I saw steam come out of her ears. 

A2 decided to guide me back to maturity and tried to calm A1 down. She started asking her questions about school and why she was crying.  After many attempts A1 finally told us that she was sad because she was going to miss her teacher. She said she was the best thing that ever happened to her. A1 tried to throw a dig at me and added, "She is my substitute mom. Actually, I wish she was my real mom. She is much nicer than my REAL mom!" I laughed and reminded her that she is paid to be nice to her and she also gets breaks from her because it is the law. 

She puckered up her face and got ready to assault me with her words, but A2 beat her to it and added, "Yeah, I bet you let her go to the bathroom by herself. That is probably why she is nice. Maybe we need to let mommy go to the bathroom by herself." 

Mentioning "going to the bathroom" did the trick. Both girls were sent into a fit of giggles and I couldn't help but join in. 

I know these mood swings are just a preview of the years to come, but I think we all will survive if we keep our sense of humor close. Also, if I could get some alone time in the bathroom that would help!


A1's Transition from Normal to Mini She-Devil
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment