Monday, July 18, 2016

Addictions

I have always had an addictive personality, which is why I stay away from the recreational drugs (that and Nancy Reagan made a lasting impact during my formative years). Most of my addictions involve sugar and other unhealthy foods. I just can't say "No" to the sweet stuff, especially Easter candy... Brach's Malted Eggs, in case you are new here. Someone brings treats to school, can't say no, gotta eat them. NOW. Mac brings home chocolate from the store, gotta eat it. NOW. I drive by a McDonald's, gotta stop. NOW. I have serious addiction problems.

My sugar addiction has jumped over to something new, something far worse, LuLaRoe, LLR. In case you haven't seen me in the last few months and have no idea what LLR is, well... let me tell you. It is the most comfortable clothes you could EVER own. Think pajama jeans... You should check out https://www.facebook.com/groups/WonderWomanWearsLuLaRoe/ to find out more... 
LLR has become the Brach's Malted Eggs of clothing. I see it, I must have it, I can't walk away. If I am having a bad morning I put it on and I have instant smiles. I love this stuff. I have 3 dresses, 3 skirts, 4 shirts, and 7 pairs of leggings. The girls are even Roeing (that is the cool way to say that you are wearing LLR) A1 has a dress, A2 has a dress, 2 shirts, 1 pair of leggings, and A3 has 2 dresses.

I have learned from buying this stuff my fashion sense is similar to certain 7 year old's style. I am not sure if years of seeing the strange combos she put together has influenced me or if I had a repressed childish fashionista living inside of me all along and she just inherited it unknowingly. Either way I love the crazy leggings the best. I crazier the better. When I pick them up and that little voice in my head says, "Your mom won't go shopping with you if you get these." or "A1 is going to give you the side eye and ask you to change if you wear these." I want them even more, like I would consider selling plasma to buy them.  Sometimes I wonder if I am more addicted to the leggings or the idea of embarrassing my family.

We now have LLR in our monthly budget. It is a real problem. I think I probably should find some kind of a recovery program, but I am not ready yet!

My favorites:



Clearly, I was distracted by my leggings when I put my shoes on!



These are my FAVORITE FAVORITE FAVORITE leggings! Two addictions meet.
McDonalds + LLR = True Love Forever
















Now, I need you to stop being judgy. I know you all have something you are addicted to. It could be Disney, The Cardinals, Musicals, Hamilton, Yankee Candles, Posh, Destiny, Pokemon, The Walking Dead, Norman Reedus, or any number of other things, but I know you have an addiction. Just be honest with yourself, own it, and stop judging. BUT if you don't have an addiction you should really check out LLR. 

2 comments:

  1. YANKEE CANDLE YAAAAS.

    I support your addiction.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was totally thinking about you when I wrote that! :) Addictions are good.

      Delete