Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Favorite Things

We started off the day very grumpy.  In the first 30 minutes that we were all awake everyone of us, including me, had a melt down of some type.  We had tears, screaming, kicking, and even a little hair pulling.  Our original plans were going no where.  We needed a Tuesday morning redo.

I told the girls to get in the car and we were leaving the grumpy ladies at home.  I asked them what we should do to get rid of the grumpy mean people. A1 suggested we go buy new shoes.  Off to Walmart we went. The attitudes miraculously transformed once they selected their own sparkly $3 flipflops. We had smiles instead of frowns and laughing instead of tears.  The good moods lasted until bedtime.

Today I learned that money can buy happiness and it only costs $6 at Walmart! This got me thinking... A1 finds happiness in shoes.  What "things" do I find happiness in?

1. New socks: Some women love pedicures, not me! That is torture to my super ticklish feet.  I prefer new white Hanes athletic socks.  They are comforting little foot hugs.  I am happiest when I have new socks on!

2. New books: My absolute favorite smell in the whole wide world is a new book.  A quick sniff of a new book will send me to my happy place. 

3. Pajama pants: I own more pajama pants than regular pants.  I have flannel pajama pants, cotton pajama pants, and pajama jeans.  I have pajama pants that I have accidentally worn to work and pajama pants I worn to work on purpose.  I love my pajama pants!

4. Jewel cds: It is a good day when I can buy a new Jewel album, unless you have to ride in the car with me!  Once I learn all the words, I will perform car concerts and I really don't care who has to sit through it.  My advice join in, it will hurt a little less.

5. Craft items: I could get lost in a Michael's or a JoAnn's for hours.  I love searching for the perfect item to complete whatever crazy project I have going. 

If I was Oprah, this would have been my "favorite things" episode and you would have been disappointed. These really are the things I buy to make me happy.  A perfectly happy day for me would be listening to Jewel, while reading a new book surrounded by my craft mess wearing pajama pants and getting little foot hugs from new socks. I am a sad happy person.    

No comments:

Post a Comment