Sunday, September 14, 2014

Weekend Hermit

I have a bad habit during the school year of becoming a weekend hermit. I come home on Friday change out of my casual Friday Spirit wear and into my weekend uniform; some type of elastic wasted pants and an over stretched stained Tshirt. Once I shut the front door Friday evening, I have no itentions of leaving my house until Sunday morning at the earliest. Typically, my only exception to this rule is when we have a long weekend. I will sometimes make plans to leave the house to socialize. 

I tell myself I do this as a way to cope as an introvert in my extremely extroverted world. I say it is a way to recharge after a week of very little quiet time to myself. I make myself believe this is what is best for me. My well deserved downtime. 

What is really going on? Really I'm drowning in self pitty. I'm so overwhelmed by my weekend to-do list, that I do nothing. I clean, and yet seem to get nothing done. I do school work, but never get caught up. I prepare for the up coming week, but I'm never ready. 

This weekend I allowed myself to take a different approach. With the help of some great friends, I was able to change my normal weekend of isolation plans. Saturday night the girls and I went to a birthday party. Even though it was a party for one of A1's friends, I ended up having a great time. The girls played and played and played while I relaxed, laughed, watched a movie, laughed, picked up a new hobby, and laughed some more. Today we had some other great friends stop by to visit and drop off dinner. It was a welcomed treat! It is nice to be spoiled by people who don't mind chatting while being surrounded by 15 loads of clean, unfolded laundry. 

I'm much happier tonight. I haven't had the "Sunday Night Blues" kick in yet. I don't have everything done right now that I had planned on having finished, but my batteries are recharged. I feel ready for the week, at least I'm ready for Monday.  Next weekend I'm planning on trying my best not to be a weekend hermit and actually enjoy the weekend. 


My new hobby. 

No comments:

Post a Comment